15 May 2015
ALL COUNCILLORS ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF CHARMOUTH PARISH COUNCIL ON TUESDAY 19 MAY 2015 AT 7.30PM AT THE ELMS, ST ANDREWS DRIVE, CHARMOUTH.
THE PUBLIC AND THE PRESS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND AND LISTEN TO PROCEEDINGS.
1. To elect a Chair of the Council and receive the Chair’s declaration of office.
2. To elect a Vice-Chair of the Council.
3. (a) To appoint a representative to the Friends of Charmouth Library.
(b) To appoint a Footpath Liaison Officer(s).
(c) To appoint 2 Trustees for Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre.
(d) To appoint 2 representatives for the Almshouse Charities.
(e) To appoint a Public Transport Representative.
(f) To appoint 2 representatives for the DAPTC Western Area Committee.
(g) To appoint a representative for the St Andrews Community Hall Management Committee.
(h) To appoint a representative for the Bridport Area Partnership Committee.
(i) To appoint a representative for the Lyme Regis Area Partnership.
(j) To appoint a Tree Officer.
(k) To appoint a Highways Officer.
(l) To appoint a representative to the Twinning Association.
(m) To appoint a Flood Warden.
(n) To appoint a representative for the Dorset Partnership for Older People Project.
(o) To appoint a representative to the Charmouth Local History Society (Pavey Group).
4. To appoint a Foreshore Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
5. To appoint a Playing Field and Cemetery Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
6. To appoint a Planning Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
7. To appoint a Finance Committee – to consist of Chairs of Foreshore and Playing Field Committees, Chair and Vice Chair of Council and one other Councillor as Chair.
8. To appoint an Executive Committee – (6 members) – agreed May 2014 to consist of Chair, Vice Chair, main Committee Chairs (Foreshore, Playing Field, Finance and Planning) and if necessary one other member to be voted on.
9. To appoint an HR Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
10. To appoint a Tourism Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
11. To appoint a Works Committee – (3 members) – to consist of the Chairs of Foreshore, Playing Field and Finance Committees – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
12. To consider whether or when the meeting should be adjourned to hear comments from the public.
13. To receive apologies.
14. Declaration of Interest.
15. Public participation – limited to half an hour.
16. Dorset County Council Issues (County Councillor Daryl Turner to report).
17. West Dorset District Council Issues (District Councillor to report).
18. To consider the Minutes of the Meeting held on 21 April 2015 (circulated by e-mail).
19. To consider any Matters Arising from the Minutes (for report only).
20. To receive and consider any Planning applications.
21. To receive and Balance of Accounts and Approve Expenditure (attached).
22. To receive the monthly accounts for April 2015 (attached).
23. To receive and consider the report of the Works Committee held on 28 April 2015 (attached).
24. Co-option of Councillors to fill vacancies.
25. To consider the following motion – in accordance with Standing Order 17, Paul Oatway requests that, ‘This Council records, with sincere gratitude, the service that Jane Bremner has given to the village of Charmouth as the Parish Council’s Chair during the last two years. The Parish Clerk be requested to convey this motion to Jane Bremner.’
26. To receive Correspondence and Communications (see separate up to date list provided at meeting).
27. Exchange of Information.
Mrs L Tuck, Clerk to the Council